Thursday, July 18, 2019

My First Crush~

the blooms
the library;
You and me...
   forever frozen in those lilacs!

Often, time unwinds itself when I am alone
and takes me back to those university days....
How our glances glazed in the library ...
A few books opened and closed;
the susurration of lavenders and lilacs
tumbled down strange aromas on the air- 
   You found your way to me!
Your cologne smelled like September…rushed over me;
A young man joined me….
     ....unnoticed in dreams of my paradise.
Strength splintered to pieces…
In the surge and silence of waking and dreaming, 
  Love flowered.... no matter how surreal it was;
Longing became a routine, then...

Even today, I love a stem of lavender or lilac
    on my white linen tablecloth...even if it is embroidered;
In a flowery glade of memories.... 
     hues of purple still blind 
my autumn heart in butterfly shimmers,
A strange perfume opens and closes
     my butterfly wings; hums like insect birds.
Love wasn't meant to be so hard...
However, I feel blessed to have a nest of purple safe
    with memory's of the days of my youth.




 Image result for stem of lavender on white table clothes

12 comments:

  1. Lilac takes me back, too, to my teen years and my grandmother's garden. She always had lilac, and I did too, once I became a grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too remember those first interactions with a new girlfriend. It is sad to remember our innocence and the tentative way we were as everything was so new. What a beeautiful poem Panchali.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gorgeous. Luv your share of memories

    Much❤🕊❤love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet lilac memories. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "forever frozen in those lilacs!" and so many other beautiful lines gorgeous poem

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet moments, beautifully and lovingly recalled. I don't think we ever forget those delicious details of young love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lilac in a library – heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am literally swooning right now 😍😍 this is beyond beautiful, Panchali!💖 Especially love: "Even today, I love a stem of lavender or lilac on my white linen tablecloth...even if it is embroidered." You are such a romantic!😊 Thank you so much for writing to the prompt.💖

    ReplyDelete
  9. For a moment, I thought you knew me personally. Your memories here are much like mine. You write them beautifully. I enjoyed this poem so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think what struck me over the smell of purple was the smell of books. I love the smell of a library!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel blessed to have a nest of purple safe
    with memory's of the days of my youth.

    That nostalgic aroma will certainly bring a lot of feelings of security. Beautiful wordcraft Panchali!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it amazing what triggers our memories? Lilacs, for example...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a line if you have the time...Thanks!