Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Blast Of Memories~

WOW !! Thanks blogadda:)
Victoria Falls---Zimbabweans call it " Smoke That Thunders"---Picture taken in 1994!
It's amazing, that even after so many years, my heart still skips a beat as I write about Zimbabwe--- a country where we spent best five years of our lives. The wide Jacaranda-lined streets, tsetse flies, bilharzia sign-boards around the stagnant pools... all these suddenly rush through my memory as I write this.  For us, this was truly a journey into a world where we met, tied happy alliances with some wonderful people regardless of race, religion and skin color.

The nation came into being in 1980. Black population voted for the first time and chose Robert Mugabe. Like other new black countries, it also had corrupt ruling elite… Mugabe’s army terrorized the area, decimated villages, and mercilessly burnt down the beautiful country within a couple of decades. In 1994, we could clearly see the country going downhill…! Racial slurs against whites reached the highest political level, and started showing a gross level of intolerance across the country. The newspapers were full of disgusting reports of crime, murder, recession, economic and political bickering. The entrenched bitterness in the minds of many whites was also clearly visible. 

Thankfully, my husband’s contract was coming to an end, so we decided to head to Victoria Falls to bid final good-bye to the world's largest sheet of falling water, which is a memorable sight on any African safari . Victoria Falls was about 6-7 hrs drive from Bulawayo. We set out by 6 am in the morning. Those days the roads were excellent. There were no potholes, the lanes were neatly painted, and the street signs were all clearly marked. Just short of Vic Falls, we stopped along the banks of Zambezi River. We didn't see much wildlife, but we heard hippos calling to each other from Livingston Island…I yearned for adventure.

Jacaranda trees were enormous; though it was not the blooming time, but we saw red amaryllis blooming everywhere without care. I got out of the car and took a few steps ahead and saw a row of mud-houses on the left. It was an African village…!!  I started walking on the gravel road braving the dirt, flies and biltongs (buffalo innards) hanging like curtains at the entrance of every compound, and the air was rife with raw blood and the thrum of flies...these had first made me shrink and half turn away. The sky was strafed with hungry pigeons and birds as Zimbabwe was going through severe drought. Lines of guinea fowl came chuckling along, and suddenly tossed past the road in a frantic, fluttery arc.  

I spotted a Kiosk built of concrete bricks, with iron bars on the window in a corner; a kind that one gets to see everywhere in Matabeleland. A home-made sign was nailed into a big Baobab tree: "SHAKE- SHAKE*, ALL BRAND CIGARETTES, COOL DRINKS AVAILABLE…" I thought of buying a few ice-lollies and chips for the hungry kids who had lined up around me. Maybe, I was looking like an alien in my six yards...But, suddenly I was stopped by a tall black youth... He clapped*** and made an obeisance. I was slightly frightened now... 

He asked: ‘Are you going to Victoria Falls, Ma'mma? Can I get a lift to the next village?’

‘Oh yes, certainly’, I said in my exaggeratedly interested, conversational manner.

We walked back to the car. My husband was a little irked but, he opened the door for him. The young man bent and entered the car and sat beside my eight year daughter. The car kept lurching on the road--my curiosity was completely focused on this black youth who was travelling with us... He was  extraordinarily quiet. I turned back to check once and found him peacefully sleeping with his hands limp between his long and thin knees. His denim jacket was lying by his side; my daughter fingered it surreptitiously and made a face, and said,' It's stinking..' 

I tried to ignore her, but soon she came crawling into the front seat, tugging at my chest whispered,’ Ma, if he kills us—what shall we do?’

I smiled and whispered: ‘Nothing will happen to us, sweetheart. There are so many people on the road. Every African cannot be bad....’, I said, very precisely…and opened the window hoping to catch sight of something interesting that was lurking in the line of vision….

 The car sped past, but had to slow down after sometime as the road was progressively getting crowded and narrower. I thought we were reaching his village. Rows of ramshackle structures, some built on low stilts, with walls of mud, and the roofs made of corrugated sheets gave us a feeling of an African settlement…

Turning back at him I asked: "Do you stay here?” My voice woke him up, he looked around, licked his lips and said:’ …no, to the next village, please’.

My mental patience was slowly weakening...and this time he spoke softly...

“…..You look Indian, do you own a shop here?" (There was a big Gujarati business community in Zimbabwe, who owned many Indian outlets in almost all the big towns of the country.) I said no, and told him that we were expatriates and were all set to leave the country shortly.

Staring at me, he took out a piece of paper from his wallet and handed it over to me. It was a recommendation letter. His name was Goodwill Ego, a native of Matabeleland who spoke Ndebele. I returned his letter. His face turned rigid, and ...he began,

"No one can help me now , Ma'mma. I've lost my job this week, he said, spacing the words out, speaking annoyingly.... I've got my recommendation-certificate, but, who is going to keep me now? People are all migrating.... they are taking away our jobs with them."

I was shocked.... I was unable to explain anything to him. Reality came crashing down like the shutter of a trap. I held on to the metal armrest of the seat. My daughter leaned back and told us that the man was crying. I turned around and saw angry tears sparkling in those yellow eyes.This was a case of hopeless sobbing, I thought...

I was troubled with remorse and shame. But suddenly he gave out a huge laugh, and said ." Yes, of course, you said, you guys are going back to your country. Why don't you stay here? You could give us some jobs...seeing the jobs disappearing is disappointing. Any job you give us, we'll do for you ....".  Now the fellow was ranting in a detached manner....

The wind was too hard for my ears, so I covered my head and part of my face with the edge of my sari and kept looking out of the window. The whole country was seething in anger and discontent.  My husband decided to change our route a bit. 

He steered to the left and asked Goodwill," How far is your village from here? I want to stop at this motel for a while..."

" Just a few more minutes from here Bass ( Boss..), I think I can walk.." he said bitterly.

Next moment he was out of the car. Parting at the door, and like a typical Brit he said sharply," Ta... I shall never probably see you again....Ta...**Lisale Kuhle'..." and went off into the long grass by the side of the road, clutching his little jacket in his hand. 

We watched his head bob over the tall grassland for sometime, and then slowly the figure vanished....

* shake shake--- is local cheap beer.
**Lisale Kuhle--- good bye/ take care.
*** Clapping hands twice is a polite tradition, it shows reverence.

Am sharing some more pictures from our album....

Victoria Falls 
My angel walking through the rain forest....
A bridge that links Zimbabwe and Zambia.... 
Famous Baobab Trees



This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda


Pictures were not taken with digital cameras, as we didn't have one. The above pics have been 
scanned and converted to digital images for uploading. As a result, the quality is compromised...





92 comments:

  1. Wow this was a mystic piece Mam straight from the lovely memories. Thanks for sharing all the pictures & moments, remembering which your heart still blossoms. :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya! I am on cloud nine....do you know the peril you are putting me into...??:P
      Thanks a bunch :))xoxo

      Delete
    2. You ROCKKK Ma'am It's such a delight to come & read all your articles :) Take care, sweetheart :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome Panchali!
    Wonderful post. I've never been, and probably would not be in Zimbabwe.
    I love watching the wonders of nature which include waterfalls.
    Panchali, great pictures.
    I send greetings.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucia...Victoria falls is worth taking a look. I heard tourists are slowly going back to see falls and entering through Zambia. Do visit, if you get an opportunity.
      Thanks for your greetings. I reciprocate the same to you :)
      Will be in your space soon...

      Delete
  3. More than the place, it is the moment that create memories! Zimbabwe is still neck deep in political and economic crisis. Hope, this country, beautifully endowed with nature's bounty is able to sail through its problems. as always, wonderful post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Meenakshi...we still have loads and loads of wonderful memories of that place. Actually things were so different when we were living there....Things started nosediving only from the beginning of nineties. It was honestly sad to see such a beautiful country going through economic, political and natural devastation.
      Thanks for your encouragement, means a lot to me :) xoxo

      Delete
  4. Whew, what an experience you had. I read it with my heart thumping. I wonder whatever became of the young man. Beautiful pictures you shared. Missing you over at Poets United Poetry Pantry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, Thanks for stepping in with that encouraging comment...Sadly, a host of issues contributed to the economic and financial breakdown of the African countries. And Zim was no different. I really don't know what happened to Goodwill...we didn't have mobiles those days, else would have surely taken down his contact number. Even today, I think of that young chap.
      And yes,even I am missing Poet's United forum. Have not been writing poetry for sometime--maybe suffering a 'block'. But, I have linked up my last poem now after reading your comment. Thanks for the PUSH..:-D :D
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. What an encounter....!
    the first picture is awesome... I salute your clicking skill...
    wish you could show us more pix of Zimbabwe... can't you?

    Regards,
    Anunoy Samanta
    -------------------------------
    http://just4suzan.blogspot.com

    http://imakemytrip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anunoy !! Good to know that you liked my 'clicking skill'---You had the courage to say it all. hee heee...A big thank you :)))))
      And now since you've requested, shall certainly post some more pics soon. But, it's going to take sometime, because I have to convert them into digital images first !! Quite a tedious job for me!!:((
      Stay tuned....

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Ankit.. you made my week... :)))))

      Delete
  7. Nice travelogue and beautiful pictures :) But I am disturbed by the words of that African guy who travelled in your car... Africa is once called "The Dark Continent" and even now it is. People suffer a lot in that continent. The racism prevails to the core everywhere around that continent. There are very few who actually try to help them out. Epidemic diseases, robbery, famine all exist in that remorseful continent. Hope God saves them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harikrishna...Very unfortunate predicament. In a way, the black rule in many African countries had cancerous consequences mainly because of lack of unity of tribes and virtual absence of knowledge in governance....One doesn't know what one should pray for...!!
      Thanks so much for that poignant comment.

      Delete
  8. The pics look amazing .... Zimbabwe is always in the news due to its political problems, but you managed to bring out the brighter side of this place !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speck, I am always amazed at your perceptiveness, clarity of thought and immaculate reading power... Thank God, you read the brighter part too!:))
      Thank you for the visit and being such a fabulous reader..!!!

      Delete
  9. Panchali mam,

    Firstly thank you so much for visiting my blog any appreciating my post I Love you Maa , your words matter a-lot, am desperately waiting for your next visit :)

    Your made me breathless once again, this is another marvel of your thought palace, thank you so much for sharing your the beautiful experience, no place is free from problem, may God give them courage stand by the situations and fight for the betterment... Loved the pics :)

    -Aayu :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aayu..!!
      It was wonderful reading you. I look forward to reading you more, my dear♥. Just waiting for the alert now...:)))
      I am happy you could relate to this... thank you for your words of encouragement..I am impressed with myself...:))
      Thanks re..

      Delete
  10. It was a nice travelogue...but what i liked the most is that even being a travelogue it contained the emotions which were nicely portrayed...liked it a lot...!!!

    Images of Victoria falls and the journey within are super :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anjan...So good to have you here!! You gave me my much needed dose of appreciation... :)))))Thanks for that super duper comments and for making my day... :))

      Delete
  11. You took my breath away Panchaliji with that first pic...I was just sitting and staring at it for a long time...I just did not want to scroll down as I feared the reverie would break.It was so magical!

    And once I scrolled down...the post was mesmerizing... I don't know if I will ever visit Zimbabwe or not but your post gave me wonderful virtual tour which is unforgettable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME!!!I am so glad that the pic held your interest!! Thank you so much for stepping in with your valuable comment...
      I have lived in Zimbabwe and have seen the realities clearly.If,ever you get a chance, do viist the country. You'll never regret. :))
      Thanks re...xoxo

      Delete
  12. Beautiful description of a place unknown to me. You made it exotic and magical
    like only a true writer can. I must say, you were brave to have offered him lift.
    I can well imagine Dada's disgust like I would have been if i were in his place :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugzzz ghaz... But, I know you and dada are so much alike (mentally). But, with good Samaritans things are always different :P
      But, you sure know how to make me very happy...:))) Thanks a zillion....

      Delete
  13. I love your memoirs. They always open a new door for me. As for the pictures, the quality is not compromised, instead they have attained the charm of a classic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Purnendu for your wonderful words of encouragement...am thrilled :))
      You were missed... where have you been...? Glad to have you back again...
      Thanks a zillion..:))

      Delete
  14. That must have been quite an experience for you and your family. Living in Zimbabwe for 5 years in those years of turmoil. You painted a vivid imagination of the place and the scenario of that era in that country. Giving that man a lift was quite risky I felt even though he was just a frustrated man who had no job but still that was brave. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Akshay, Good to know that you enjoyed reading this blog...I have been planning to write on my Zim experiences for a long time. Have written a few in another blog site years back. Yes, it was risky, but things were not that bad those days. My maid was a black-girl. And tell you, she was just impeccable! Through my husband, I became close to a few black families...such warm, happy-go-lucky people they are!!
      Music is in their blood-- they say, they use music to defuse tension, and handle emotions.I guess places like Iraq, Zimbabwe etc. were better off under a different system!
      Thanks so much for being here again with such a meaningful comment. :))

      Delete
  15. WOW... Lovely pictures... that could have been scary but in the end it turned out to be touching..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Manjulika. All's well that ends well :)) Hats off to your patience... I mean... all of you. :)))
      Enjoy your trip and bring back lovely memories to share with us.
      Thanks a bunch. xoxo

      Delete
  16. Enjoyed the narration, though perhaps was not able to appreciate the situation in its entirety. Your writing and your images work together to explain why you have such fond memories of this beautiful place (and time).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shubhorup...Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for that shot in the arm. I guess I have miles to go before I can write a good story... :((((
      Yes, we had a great time in Zim. We have traveled extensively due to my husband's transferable job...but, still I would say they were the best years of our lives!! Glad you found time to read this...Thanks a bunch :)

      Delete
  17. I was so anxious as I read your post and I'm glad that nothing bad happened to you and your family. This is such a lovely post and I felt like I was traveling along. The picture of the Victoria falls with the rainbow is so lovely. As for the politics side, it's sad to learn the things they do to the people who actually voted for them.
    It's a great experience you've been through while you were there and I could see how much it means to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my space, Zunnur...:))I am glad you could relate to this... thank you for your words and for the visit...it means so much :))
      Thanks!

      Delete
  18. loved the clicks mam and the way of your narration is just WOW :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyy.... I got a WOW already!!! Doesn't matter if blog-adda decides against it..., Vinisha :)))Thanks a bunch for stepping in with that wonderful encouragement :)) SMILES!

      Delete
  19. Good to know about new place & lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome roopa. Good to have you here.Thanks for your appreciation and hope to see you more on these pages...:))
      Thanks!

      Delete
  20. Looks like your hearts yearning for an adventure was finally fulfilled! That was racy, swift, and beautifully layered in true Panchalibolchi style, loved the travelogue and the pictures complemented the story beautifully in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arti, Your words are most gracious... Coming from you, that's a huge compliment. I am thrilled by your words...:)))
      Thanks a lot for the visit.. and the fabulous comment. You made me feel good... :)))))

      Delete
  21. you could as well be writing a travelouge...the write up is superb and the pics are lovely even though a little hazy...(but that makes it look more dream like!!) loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, princess for stepping in with your valuable comment. The purpose of a travelogue is to refresh memories and at the same time create interest to your readers. Though writing travelogues is not my forte, but your comment shows that I have been successful...good to know that, my dear :)) Thanks for lovin it !! Smiles!

      Delete
  22. That was quiet an experience. The images give a nice feel of the place. Very well narrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Sabyasachi for the time. Thanks for the encouragement:)

      Delete
  23. Wow! what a ride that was; it felt like I was also sitting there in the back seat. Thank you for the ride to Victoria Falls and the encounter with Ego.
    Great post, honest. I was engrossed, all the way. I could actually do with a few more stories from Zimbabwe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And congrats on the 'Gold.' You SO deserve it.

      Delete
    2. Oh, thanks a lot, Divya :)))It packs a powerful scenic punch going past the Zimbabwean forests, rivers and African villages. Glad I got this opportunity to share this memorable incident with you all here. Well, looking at the response, I now intend to write a few more posts on Zim...!
      Delighted with your comment.. and visit of course. :)))xoxo

      Delete
    3. And thanks so much for your wishes, Divya.... great to have you read this... :)))

      Delete
  24. Recommendable article. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. Useful stimulating to see content from other writers and study a little something there.
    __88888___88888888_88888888__8888_8_____
    ____888___888__888_888__888___88_8______
    ____888___888__888_888__888_____8_______
    ____888___888__888_888__888____8__88____
    ____888___88888888_88888888___8__8888___
    __8888888__888888___888888___8____88____

    From creative people

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky...100% !!!Wow....that sounds exciting!! I am absolutely gratified :)) Thanks a zillion !!

      Delete
  25. Beautiful narration...Thanks for sharing your experiences...enjoyed reading your post..and awesome clicks!!..esp loved the rainbow one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valli...For you to tell me that I manage to do that...!!! Ah...!!! You have NO idea how very very happy I feel... :)))) Thanks a ton!

      Delete
  26. Good Post..!! Keep It Up..!!
    And Don't Forget To Have A Look On This Story

    'Do You Know Google's Birth Was Spelling Mistake?'

    Only On www.Blogedia.In

    Thanks For Approving This Comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yashodhan...You're giving me ideas..!! Not that I am complaining... :)))))))Thanks!

      Delete
  27. Now that is a experience and a half and I thought I had so much fun .. this beats it for sure ..
    beautiful pics mam.. thank you for sharing the memories ..

    I love them and spend a lot of time in memories ..

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bikram! Coming from you, that's a compliment. Permit me to feel impressed with myself. :))))) Next coming up... soon:D
      Aah, I documented so many memories here...and am loving it:) Thank you.

      Delete
  28. u have an awesome style of making things unfamiliar to familiar infact u r a good writer...A lovely pleasure going through ur blog...thanks for the follow...best of luck...GOD <3U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Adhi...
      The pleasure is mine.I followed back in the spirit of reciprocity and of course,to keep tabs on your insightful posts too!!
      And you can see, through your page,I got a widget for the falling autumn leaves....must thank you for that....:))
      Hope to see you more here!

      Delete
  29. That was a very interesting narrative--simple & touching.Strange how we meet some people only once,but remember them for long-i am sure he too must have thought of you some times.Hope he got a good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indu..Yes, I think about him sometimes even now. I wonder if people are aware of the impact and mark they leave of their actions/ presence.... mostly I think they... do! The magic of a chance meeting is something impactful...So ,maybe he also remembers us & that journey till date!:)
      Thanks Indu for your precious comments. xoxo

      Delete
  30. Lovely pics from the place, a great read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Indrani. Permit me to feel elated !! I am grateful:))

      Delete
  31. How many lives are there, like his? In different continents, different countries, different languages..hunger striken! An experience am sure that you can't forget, for you could recite it so vividly after all these years. You said it so well and thanks for sharing those beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FIF...Indeed, so many countries and human lives have perished because of political unrest in Africa...it's a pity :((
      I am more pleased than I can tell you that this resonated with you...Thank you for that meaningful comment.Thank you!

      Sorry about the delay in responding. Have been busy

      Delete
  32. This looks so beautiful and your trip sounds wonderful--except for the man who rode with you. Very sad story about him but also a bit scary to have a stranger in your car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MM....we were in a precarious situation, and couldn't have said no to this guy. Now, when I think about it...I realize, we weren't really wise:(

      Was busy with a wedding in a family...sorry about the delay in responding.
      Thanks for being here:)))

      Delete
  33. Panchali Very beautiful this post is nice going through your blog happy week. Greetings from Creativity and imagination photos of José Ramón

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jose Ramon, What a pleasure to see you here...thanks for your appreciative comment :)) Do visit again and I'll be on your page soon.
      Sorry about the delay in responding..

      Delete
  34. So sad, scary and tragic at the same time. My dad was posted in Kano, Nigeria for 3 years when I was between the ages of 6-9!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roshni...Really? We have been to kano. My husband had to go for a meeting and I tagged along....and we stayed in kano, the most populated state! World is really small....isn't it?

      Thanks so much for your precious comment. I was waiting for it:))

      Delete
  35. a magical piece... revisiting the pages of life, of an old diary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sathish...I am glad you took time to read this post. I am grateful....:))
      Sorry about the delay in responding, I have been traveling..

      Thanks :)

      Delete
  36. Nice, memorable snippet. Evocative writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so clearly etched in my memory, Umashankar, Thanks for the encouragement...means a lot to me :)
      Sorry about the delay in reverting....

      Delete
  37. Replies
    1. Welcome bellybytes...and thanks for taking time to read this blog :))

      Delete
  38. uff, ye blog design...ye zard patton ka girna...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ufff... dil ko khush karne ko 'Ashwini' yeh comment accha hai....

      Delete
  39. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!
    Scaffolding Applications

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my space, Traffic Pulse India....good to know that you're willing to subscribe to my feed. Please feel free...and it will be a honor to have you read my write ups:)))
      Thanks...!!

      Delete
  40. Lovely pics! Zimbabwe is such a beautiful country. Sad to hear about the guy though.

    Loved the leaves falling the side :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dreamysap, welcome aboard!! I am glad you took time to read this post. I am grateful....:))
      Yes, even I loved that apps :)Thank you!!

      Delete
  41. ██▀█▀█████████████▀█▀█████
    ██─▀─█─▄─█─▄─█─▄─█─▀─█████
    ██─█─█─▄─█─▄▄█─▄▄██─██████
    ███▀█▀████▄███▄████▄██████
    ██─────███████████████████
    ██▄───▄███████▀▀▀█─▀─█████
    ████▄███▀█─▄▀█─▀─██─██████
    █─▄█─▄▀█─█─▀▄█▄█▄█████████
    █─▄█─▄▀█▄█████████████████
    █▄████████████████████████
    ▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀████▀█▀█▀▀▀█▀█▀██
    ─▀█─█─█─▀▄███▄─▄█─█─█─█─██
    ▄██▄▄▄█▄█▄████▄██▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
    From fashion idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good day to you too, Lucky! Have been traveling, hence got delayed...lots to catch up,I know :) Shall be in your space ....soon!! Thank you...

      Delete
  42. Wow.. Panchali… that was a touching story that brought tears to my eyes. It must have been some experience for you. And you have written about it so beautifully and so emotionally. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Raj...everything is still so fresh in my memory!Thank you for that encouraging comment, coming from a writer of your stature, it means a lot, Raj.
      So good to see you here after a long gap :D
      Thanks a bunch... :))

      Delete
  43. What a story! Your pictures are amazing. Something we've only seen on TV and the falls are beautiful.

    You wrote that story with such depth in your heart. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs back Lily Belle & Muffin :)) Glad you enjoyed here....thanks a lot!

      Delete
  44. Very nice description..Beautiful pictures..:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ranjana...I wish I had words to convey my pleasure at seeing you here. Your comment is most cherished... :))

      Delete

Please leave a line if you have the time...Thanks!