Thursday, March 28, 2019

The Moon And The Star~

Image result for deep blue twinkling night and little baby beauty
from google***


Time finds time to Contemplate
Magnifies, what I choose to unwind
I have travelled the track
   more than a hundred times.
 Seems old habit, a die-hard silent-partner for me.

After putting my chores in order,
With a withered feeling, unable to write or sleep
Some days I take a corner, 
hoping my heart find some solace.
Cut off.

The whispering winds, rustling leaves
Orchestrate the quietness and serenity against the dark.
A wonderful excuse indeed for beginning…and
Thoughts start stooping to the rhythm.
i gather myself...concentrate and listen- be focused.
…contentedly perspire in all seriousness. 
A new calm descends... ah, my old space.
Transformed.

Just then,
 .... grandy wakes up coughing,
Sits up, settles like a queen on the edge of the bed.
Two beautiful eyes smile in her doting grandma's eyes
I launch myself onto the bed,
Refold her around my arms,
Touch her baby-skin cheeks with kisses. 
She whispers:
'I'm me;
We're us;
You'll stick to me.'
Night flickers.

A blue shadow falls over the room
The wind changes direction
 Night turns its back, blurs, moves on.

“The soul is healed by being with children.” ~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky





9 comments:

  1. Oh, and she has such beautiful eyes. I can SEE her, like a queen on the edge of the bed. Smiles. I love this, Panchali!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely memory. Beautiful grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I relate to this so much. I love being alone with my grandchildren. Love to see the twinkle in their eyes and when they sleep, I pretend to see their dreams. Isn't it wonderful to be a grandmother?
    I love how you write about this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You'll stick to me." Those words say it all about the grandmother-grandchild relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh love these descriptions of beautiful moments and the closing stanza how "night turns its back, blurs, moves on."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such vivid and lovely images! I really do love that third stanza...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for dropping by and for the encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You give the child's point of view, but I'm sure you know the grandmother's as well -- full circle. How totally wonderful a poem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your ending on this lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a line if you have the time...Thanks!