Thursday, August 24, 2017

So Alone~

Image result for nature's words to greedy men

I trace you as your feet traverse
My meadows… we are together.
You and I’ve come to live
  as God’s messengers…
I am a museum of Oceans, Rainforests,
Soil, Water, Redwoods, Coral Reefs and Flowers.
But, sadly like a raped girl, I am
…Dallying and turning to see at every move to check
Who’s come… the heartless man!
“What’s in your wares-basket today?”, I ask.
I walk forever with disturbing guests all night.
Man’s demeanor is a rusted tale to me. But,
Surprisingly, you never pause.
Jaws of traps open again and again
 How far…how long?
How far my destination…?
We stand on two sides of the divide
   slowly fading like echoes...
The end is not far.


14 comments:

  1. This is haunting and powerful, Panchali...Mother Earth uneasy for the approach of man.....i really like the quotation above the poem. A really powerful write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Man’s demeanor is a rusted tale to me." Like the tinman of Oz, but this one truly has no heart! There is no way to reclaim these humans. The characterization of the meadow as a raped girl is devastating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a sad message indeed Panchali, but it is spoken with wisdom and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well expressed warning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whata great poem this is. I agree entirely with the sentiment expressed for sadly we won't stop raiding the larder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This gave me some shiver Panchali di. Humans could be so vile!! Ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  8. We stand on two sides of the divide
    slowly fading like echoes...
    Great line of a wise poem with a very sad message

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, we stand on both sides of a divide...I fear as well that the end is near. As Vandana expressed, this is a poem that shakes one up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. An eerie poem that makes a solid point.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really we have raped the earth.... This poem makes me ashamed...we are very greedy and still destroying...loved the poem..well written ed the earth

    ReplyDelete
  12. sadly like a raped girl. This is so disturbing but true.

    https://ideasolsi65.blogspot.in/2017/08/recycled-memories.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. The perfect metaphor! A beautiful poem for an ugly truth.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a line if you have the time...Thanks!