Sunday, December 10, 2023

Gulmohar

 

The Gulmohar Tree

I look out over the balcony
The flamboyant Gulmohar tree
       draped in 'feast of colours'
         come flying into my eyes

  I skip down the stairs
         run up to the majestic tree
              And pluck a fiery bloom
   the flower feels rubbery against my skin
         …the loveliest scent intoxicates me

Slowly, the sun gets ablaze...prickly;
    The flame colored petals start raining in chunks on the ground
       Some flutter  … shiver a bit 
    And then….get still
         My mind whispers…
                         one more time
      ' Divine grace it is...!'
                       …..I edge away drunk
      With a flame-dance on my head...
                            


Anybody who visits Delhi during summer days will momentarily get blinded by these flamboyant Gulmohar-blooms revealing their astonishing palette of greens and red!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a line if you have the time...Thanks!