Thursday, April 19, 2018

Redemption~



pic from net**

Like a foolish moth
in the glory of the nature,   
I’m still in search of the place-
Where I can see the yellow sunflower fields
Sleeping in the form of sunshine.

I wander here and there
And see the skyline has folded in two.
Though the sun has not
Cut short its visit;
It drops in the east every morning, but
Sucks out only the enormous high rises
Thick as a jungle in front of my eyes.
My wild heart falters and then stops
Light filters, fades and 
disintegrates the air of spring in my mind.

I sit choicelessly,
    with this untimely fall of the season.
Holding the artificial life
  kids caged in i-pads and networks.
Frog march in front of me; 
A new found solar-system is all over them
Indifferent to the orders of nature
They lock in man-made cubicles
to connect online….
And look nowhere else;
Like a daft their eyes shoot
To the hanging nets, to see who is there-
    in columns of names...

I wake up at the wee hours of the night
thinking, “now what, what now”
the question hangs in the air - what if...?
This is where I meet the character of Al Pacino,
bored and tired rock star
    trying to do something more with his life.
'It's spring in my mind, but the autumn leaves they fall.
 As I'm walking by, I collect them all', he says.
I must say, he got me.

Inspired by Al Pacino as Danny Collins.
Written for Susan's : Poets United

3 comments:

  1. Word pictures in the poem is so beautiful! We are indeed enmeshed in this latest invention of 'internet'. 'It's spring in my mind, but the autumn leaves they fall.
    As I'm walking by, I collect them all', he says. So very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second stanza lays out the nightmare dichotomy of this new world--see far, but only through the tiny cube. So I love, "I sit choicelessly" and the inspiration of the actor in the part. I like that the actor carries the spring in his mind. If we don't have it there, it may well disintegrate . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote. I feel your longing for nature in the middle of the city. Nice to see you here, Panchali.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a line if you have the time...Thanks!